At A Glance
The University of Guelph is continually ranked among Canada’s top comprehensive universities, providing a wide variety of academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as numerous diploma, certificate and continuing education opportunities.
The Ridgetown Campus has been part of the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) – at the University of Guelph since 1997. Internationally renowned for its leadership in teaching, research and extension service, OAC is Canada’s most comprehensive institution focusing on agriculture, food, the environment and rural communities.
Our programs have earned an excellent industry reputation, and many employers seek out Ridgetown grads. The majority of recent graduates are already working in their field of study within two months of completing their academic program.
Ridgetown Campus students are taught by instructors who are leaders in their fields. Our faculty members are engaged in relevant, applied research, and committed to being accessible to their students.
The 650 full-time students at Ridgetown Campus enjoy the advantages of a smaller campus. This is a place where instructors know your name and you will quickly become part of the campus family.
Quick facts about Ridgetown
- Official Name: University of Guelph Ridgetown Campus
- Programs: Diploma and Certificate
- Enrolment: 650 Full-time students
- Location: Southwestern Ontario, between Windsor and London
- Faculty and Teaching Staff: 45
- Full Time Staff: 120
- Size of Campus: 450 Acres
- Research Funding: Over $9.0 million annually
- Research scientists studying everything from plant genetics to biofuels
- Residence: Steckley Hall, guaranteed for first year students meeting the application deadline
- Downtown Ridgetown: 5 -10 minute walk from campus
- Over 6,500 alumni living across Canada and around the world
- Facilities to host events for 10 – 1,000 people
- Over 700 species of trees and shrubs in the J.J. Neilson Arboretum
- Employment opportunities for 60-70 students each summer
- Three research stations located in: Huron, Cedar Springs and Ridgetown, Ontario
- Research partnerships or support from over 100 organizations
- Annually distributes over $110,000 through the Scholarships and Awards Program
"If you decide to come to Ridgetown I encourage you to get involved on campus! I have had a great combination of academic and leadership opportunities as a student at Ridgetown Campus. I’ve been involved in the Student Ambassador program and the Ridgetown Campus – Community Committee and really enjoyed getting involved."
Lindsay Collegiate and Vocational Institute Lindsay, ON
Associate Diploma in Agriculture, Class of 2012