Performance Horse Handler Certificate
Do you have a love for horses? Are you interested in the performance horse industry? Do you want to learn about working with competition horses?
The Performance Horse Handler Certificate program is designed to provide graduates with the technical knowledge and skills required to succeed in today’s equine industry.
This one-year program prepares students to work in dressage, show jumping, racing, reining, breeding and other stables, and competitive venues where experienced horse handling is required. Students will be exposed to the preparation and maintenance of horses for competition, learn the principles of horse behaviour and safe horse handling, and carry out duties such as feeding, grooming and caring for performance horses in a teaching barn as well as in the field.
- Studies in horse behaviour, nutrition, fitness, injury prevention and care
- Practical and applied learning through lectures and labs
- Hands-on training with horses from various sectors of the equine industry
- Small class size results in an excellent student-teacher ratio
- Includes two work placements in different industry sectors prior to program completion
- Learn key skills to help you succeed in a career in the equine industry
- Work with horses throughout your training program
- Two industry work placements will give students comprehensive work experience before graduating
- Begin working in an industry you enjoy after just one year of studies
- Diversified job placement opportunities
Academic Program delivered in Clinton at REACH Huron
Students in the Performance Horse Handler Certificate program will study in Clinton, Ontario at the Regional Equine & Agricultural Centre of Huron (REACH Huron). This new facility includes many excellent teaching features including a 108’ by 211’ brightly lit arena with an attached 70’ by 130’ warm-up ring and modern barn with wash stalls and heated tack room.
For more information about the Regional Equine & Agricultural Centre of Huron, please visit the website..
To discuss this program in more detail, please contact:
Alison McMahon, Campus Recruitment Co-ordinator
519-674-1500 x63256 email@example.com
Sharon McMaster, Academic Program Co-ordinator
519-482-3998 x1488 firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterford District High School, Scotland, ON
Graduate (Spring 2016), Performance Horse Handler Certificate