The Green Club was created in 2008 as a fun way to "green" the campus and have some fun with friends!
We meet every Wednesday at noon in RDC 102 (unless otherwise posted)
Things we’ve done:
- Established recycling on campus
- Started a "water bottle ban" by introducing water bottle friendly filling stations and selling re-usable water bottles
- Hosted the first ever "Green Week" which included movie showings, "Eco-Olympics" and a Green Club "Hippie" themed pub
What we’re working on now:
- Composting of cafeteria food scraps
- Hosting a Green Club kids booth at Spring Expo
- Introducing and maintaining indoor plants in and around the campus
- The possibility of "Greening" the new addition planned for the Reek Building with a "green roof" that acts as a natural insulator, this will cut down the amount of energy needed to heat and cool the building
- The second annual "Green Week" with fun and environmentally friendly games and events
Interested in some Green Tips? Check out this site: www.greenlivingtips.com
Join the "Official" Ridgetown Campus Green Club group on Facebook!
Look at pictures of the club, find out about upcoming events and meetings and join in on some discussions!